- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 Teaspoons of Flour
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1-15 oz container of Ricotta Cheese (you can use dry Cottage Cheese)
- 1- 10 oz package of frozen spinach (you can use fresh)
- 1 Cup of grated Parmesan
- 4 oz of sliced Prosciutto
- 1 Egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 uncooked Lasagna Noodles
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Cups of Marinara
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- To make sauce: Melt Butter in sauce pan, over medium heat, add flour and whisk for 3 minutes (this is a ROUX–you are cooking out the flour)
- Whisk in the milk, increase the heat and continue to whisk sauce until it begins to simmer (about 3 minutes)
- While whisking, add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- You know it is ready when it coats the back of a spoon.
Preheat the oven to 350’F
Blend the Ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, Prosciutto, Egg, Salt and Pepper into bowl.
Get your big 18 Qt pot out, fill with water, salt the water
Boil the noodles until they are tender, but still firm to bite. Place the noodles on a bake sheet with oil. Spread filling onto noodles (about 3 Tablespoons per noodle). Starting at one end roll the noodles onto themselves.
Pull out your Lasagna dish, Pour in Béchamel Sauce.
Lay the rolls, seam side down into the the Béchamel with a little space between each. Spoon Marinara Sauce over the rolls, top with the Mozzeralla Cheese.
Cover tightly will foil and bake until heated through and sauce is bubbly. (40 minutes) Uncover and then bake until the Cheese becomes Golden Brown. (15 minutes)
Let Stand for 10 minutes before serving.