- 3 Cups of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Eggs (Large)
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 Milk
- 4-5 Litres of Corn Oil or Sunflower Oil
- Pour Oil into pot and heat up to a 375’F/190’C Temperature
- Combine Dry and wet separately. Add dry ingredients to wet slowly, form dough.
- Roll out thin (1/2cm), cut into strips like a ruler
- Check to see oil is still at correct Temperature, slowly add dough 5-8 at a time and fry until Golden Brown.
We eat our Rollkuchen in the summertime with watermelon. This is also a German Mennonite Recipe from our Great Grandmother’s era.