Easy 1 Pan Dinner (Pasta)
Before I start, you can use any type of pasta, sausage, sauce etc. Below is what I had in the cupboard and fridge and it worked. You can incorporate as many or as little vegetables as well. Enjoy!
- 3- Debreziner Sausages, sliced on a bias (A debrecener is a pork sausage of uniform fine texture and reddish-orange colour, named after the Hungarian city of Debrecen. The sausages are heavily spiced with paprika and other seasonings like garlic, pepper and marjoram.) I purchased these ones from Farm Boy
- 450g of pasta, I used Tortiglioni (Spelt Pasta)
- 1 L of Chicken Stock
- 4 Large White Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Pepper (sliced into big chunks)
- 5 leaves of fresh basil sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of Chili Flakes
- Salt and Pepper (season to your desired taste)
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Heat up the pan you are using, add a bit of butter, garlic, sausage (once those get sizzling), add the mushroom and peppers until almost cooked, add the remaining seasonings. Add the chicken stock (or any sauce of your choice), add the RAW noodles to the liquid and put the lid on. The noodles will take longer then specified on the package, however cooking it all together, creates a sauce that reduces to a thicker, flavourful delight. Finish the dish with cheese and accompanied with some bread.
I have made this with tomatoes, cream, parmesan, bacon etc. The possibilities are ENDLESS! Be c r e a t i v e in the kitchen and have fun with it!.