Dark Chocolate Chip & Oat Cookies
Dark Chocolate Chip & Oat Cookies 350′ 14 minutes–makes 28 cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 egg (whisked)
- splash of Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons of 18% Sour Cream “Gold”
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Brewer’s Yeast (find at bulk barn –in Canada)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt
- 1 3/4 All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Oat Flakes
- 6 Blocks of Bakers Dark Chocolate (shredded or slivered)
Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl. Take the soften butter and coconut butter and mix together, add brown sugar, cream until lighter colour, add egg (do not overtax–just until incorporated), add sour cream, vanilla. Add dry ingredients to wet, then add chocolate.
Spoon out in tablespoon sizes on cookie sheet. Bake in 350′ oven for 8 minutes, turn oven off, and continue to bake for another 6. Time may vary depending on oven.
Let cool and enjoy!