This recipe should make 50 tots. Oven at 400′ Bake for about 15-20 minutes on middle rack
- 3 Potatoes (Yukon Gold or Red skinned will work)–peel and diced into little cubes
- 3 Heads of Broccoli (the tops only)
- 2 Zucchini (peeled) (grated–and squeezed of all liquid)–pat with paper towel
- 3 stalks of Green Onion sliced
- 1 Medium Leek(cut ends off, cut in half, slice lengthwise 4 times and chop–should be same size as green onion)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon of dill minced (or you can buy the already concentrated herbs for easier application)
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Panko or Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups of Quinoa Flakes (you can get these at Costco or in any health section at the supermarket)
Get pot of cold water on stove top, season with some salt. Pre-heat oven to 400′ (you will need middle rack), prepare bake sheet with parchment and set aside.
Once all your vegetables are washed, prepped and ready to go, place potatoes, leeks into pot and boil into potatoes are tender. Once done slotted spoon to get all food out of pot (we are saving the water)–place into sieve over bowl as we want all the water drained out. With the water still on the stove, add broccoli into water for 1 minutes, then use slotted spoon to remove and into an ice bath (a bowl with ice and water). Remove broccoli and strain from water, cut very fine and squeeze water out. By this time, your potato and leeks should be cool enough to work with. Add Broccoli, Green Onions, Garlic, Cheese, Eggs, Panko, Quinoa and Pepper to this. Mix together until all incorporated. Make little tots 1/2 oz in size and line on the bake sheet. Once all formed, into the oven they go for approx. 15-20 minutes. You are looking for them to get a bit golden in colour.
Once baked into golden brown, remove from oven and let cool. You can pack into freezer airlock containers or zip locks to freezer for easy meal for your baby. Serve warm.
I hope your littles enjoy this one. Please give me some feedback what you thought about the recipe and the product. As a busy mom, i tried to make it a one pot and one bowl mess for easy clean up and making it user-friendly during nap time or while they are playing independently.