Sausage and Macaroni (One Pot Dinner)
I prepared this in an electric pan, it makes it easy, it regulates the heat and doesn’t burn.
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of minced Garlic
- 4 Sausages cut into rounds (8 slices usually 1cm thick)
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- a Jar of Tomatoes (I prefer using Passata–strained tomatoes, I like it because it is just tomatoes, no sugar, no extra chemicals etc.)
- 1 bag of elbow Macaroni noodles (Raw)
- 2 jars of water (I fill up the tomato jar with water-approx 1.5 L/ 6 cups)
- 1/2 Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
I first heat the pan (mine goes to 450′, I place it around 400′ to really get things cooking. I place the butter, oil in then add the garlic. I brown the sausages next. Since the mushrooms have moisture, I wait until the sausages are just cooked and starting to brown, then in go the mushrooms. Then add the Passata, Macaroni and water. Cover. Double the cooking time for the pasta so approx. 30 minutes it will take. Once done, dish up and top with cheese!
This was a H U G E hit with #littlemiss, she ate the whole bowl–I added cottage cheese and corn to hers. It is easy to eat and yummy in her tummy.
We served ours up with a simple greens and dressing for a quick meal and an easy clean up!